Sunday 13 March 2016

Hello

Hello bloggers and hope you are all well. I haven't been reading blogs for a while now so I was pleased to see some old favourites that  have decided to return. I am trying to catch up and read all the latest posts. I am quite busy myself in my everyday life. I mentioned previously that I had started a new job. Well since then I have started another !! My current job is much better, nicer people, better hours and better workload. I had reservations about my last job , that it was a big mistake, which were confirmed when I returned from sick leave to nastiness from colleagues. Having been offered something else I was glad to be out of the door and left them too it ! Life is too short ! I had worked part time for years until last summer when I decided to increase my hours. All in all , it hasn't been too bad and we have all coped with the change in our routine at home. I do however have to be more organised with cooking and washing but I'm slowly getting into a routine and of course the extra wages are very welcome.
I still enjoy charity shopping and source most of my things from the various shops I frequent. One recent lucky find was a brand new with tags duffel coat , made by Dash, priced at £9. The original tag was £99. I still like buying unusual things, last week I bought a seahorse brooch and today I bought a crystal rose bowl which I'm looking forward to displaying some lovely flowers in.
I'm not as frugal as I used to be but equally I don't have credit cards or any debts other than mortgage. I do still meal plan and I would like to be more thrifty especially with shopping. Bye for now x

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You are still blogging! Glad you have found a job you like and with nice colleagues too, they can make or break even the best jobs. Live the sound of your coat, what a fab bargain, and can't believe you just bought a seahorse brooch, I just bought the earrings! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No earrings for me i'm afraid, I don't have them pierced !! xx

      Delete
  2. So nice to see a post from you. It sounds as if you made the right move by getting out of the first full-time job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely as you know I work in NHS and I went up a banding , which was literally pence per hour increase but loads of extra work and responsibility !! not worth the stress nor the nastiness xx

      Delete