Wednesday 11 December 2013

Cathedral City Chazzing

Yesterday I had the day off work and spent the day at the lovely cathedral city of Lichfield which is just down the road from where I live. Lichfield is a lovely place, beautiful cathedral, nice park and lots of old buildings. Not to mention quite a few charity chops. Normally I don't have much luck at the charity shops, being a plus size the finds for me are few and far between. In the first shop I saw a beautiful pair of T Bar healed shoes in forest green leather made by Jones the Bootmaker, new and unworn at £8.99. Very excitedly I tried them on to find that they were way too tight so I reluctantly had to put them back on the shelf. Moving onto the next shop I was just about to leave when I spotted a black peplum style top made by Autograph for M&S. Tried it on and it fitted just right so that was £6.50. In the last shop of the day I came across my second find which was a party type dress. Knee length plain black body with a round jewelled embellished neckline and chiffon type long sleeves and cuffs. Tried this on and it was a perfect fit and did look good if I do say so myself. The sales assistants and a fellow shopper all commented how nice it looked so I snapped that up at £9.99. Both have been quick washed since I got home and the dress was hung on a hanger and to my delight does not need ironing, if only all clothes were like that ! So although they were not super duper charity shop bargains I got two items for less than £17 which I am really pleased with. Pity about the shoes but you cant have everything.

4 comments:

  1. Well done, an excellent present to yourself at a bargain price! You know you've struck gold when random strangers compliment you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes you are right about the compliments :-)

      Delete
  2. I love it when I try something on and it makes me feel fab - better still if it's a bargain! The price you paid is still a fraction of what they would have cost if you had bought them brand new, and feeling fab is priceless. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scarlet you are right about the price, I'd just love to find something that fits for 50p ! x

      Delete