Friday 12 July 2013

Cheap and Tasty Supper

Good evening bloggers. Its Friday, I'm tired and I wanted something quick and easy for tea. I defrosted some chipolata sausages from the freezer earlier, you know the kind yellow stickered 29p reduced fron £1.46.

I squoze the sausages out of the skins and browned the sausagemeat, threw in a sliced onion, a few mushrooms and a pepper with some garlic granules. Then I added 200ml of hot water to a chicken stock cube (10p a pack from Tesco ) and then added that to a tin of chopped tomatoes ( 25p) which I blitzed in the blender. I then poured the tomatoes into the pan with the sausagemeat and added a squirt of tomato puree and some salt and pepper. I then left it to simmer until it had reduced down and thickened up.

Meanwhile my water was bubbling away, I boiled my pasta ( Tesco everyday 30p pack) and then I added the meat to the pasta and cooked for a few minutes together.

At the table I sprinkled the pasta with some grated cheese and we all enjoyed a yummy pasta meal.
Quick and easy but mainly inexpensive. Crudely its probably cost me about £1.50 for a yumtastic meal that's fed three of us. What are you having for dinner ?

No comments:

Post a Comment