Thursday 10 January 2013

Trying to be a good little pig instead of a lazy one


Hi bloggers and welcome to my new follower May, thank you for joining.

Since New Year I have been trying to be good and keep new resolutions, the old favourite being ' lose weight' popping up again to make an appearance. I have tried to make small changes but hopefully these will be long term improvements not just to lose weight but also to be healthy.
Since childhood I have been a massive sugar addict having two sugars in every hot drink. I have never before attempted to curb this addiction, you may think this is ridiculous as some people can just cut it out completely and easily but I never have. The day after Boxing Day I reduced from two spoons of sugar to just a quarter of a spoon. The tea has taken some getting used too but its getting better. Also and this is good as I didn't realise I was doing this !! I have stopped eating biscuits with my hot drinks, I haven't done this now for at least three weeks and I haven't really missed it. I always used to like a biscuit to dunk in my drink and can't remember the last time I did - again major achievement for me as 'McVities' was like my middle name !
At work I have been taking just my sandwich , no extra like crisps and again I haven't really missed it and in the evenings I have stopped snacking . Some nights I have even gone to bed early so hopefully I am fast asleep when the snacking would have started.
So far so good and I don't feel cheated. You probably read this and think how pathetic but I hope that these little steps will improve things for me overall.












































 

4 comments:

  1. Not pathetic at all. Different things work for different people - we all need to find our own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! You have achieved so much in such a short space of time. Go girl!! The pounds will soon be dropping off you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small steps are awesome & maintainable - not pathetic! Keep up the great work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very good way to lose weight to me

    ReplyDelete