Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Years Day

Happy New Year bloggers and what a lovely start to the New Year. The weather here is glorious, sunny and dry. I feel strangely invigorated today so much so that I may tackle the ironing basket. I have done a few loads of washing and they are blowing nicely on the line. I have decided to keep a food diary from today to try and watch my weight and count the calories, it may or may not work but I am giving it ago. I also gave up sugar in my drinks last week and today was my first palatable cup of tea. I am hoping to end my life long habit of two sugars in my hot drinks, again I can try ! I started in Wednesday last week and as today is Tuesday I am doing fabulously well by my own standards, as previously stated I have NO willpower when it comes to things like that. I have done my first recycling of the year as well. Each year as I take the old calendar down , I save the back page with the new years dates on. I use this at work as a quick reference guide in my desk folder as I use a lot of dates in my job so it saves me the expense of buying a desk calendar. Is there are anything unusual that you recycle ? 

6 comments:

  1. You will soon get used to not having sugar! I used to need two sugars in tea to drink it, but now I absolutely HATE sugar in tea, to the point where it is undrinkable!!

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bryallen, I hope so. I used to really enjoy a cup of tea but not so the last few days. I hope it passes xx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!
    Good luck with the calorie counting,I'm trying the same.
    Hope the year ahead is a good one.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , lets hope we are both lighter this time next year !

      Delete
  3. Today I pulled out a t-shirt Dolly has outgrown. It has paint marks so not nice enough to give away. I'm repurposing my cutting it into cleaning cloths. Nothing unusual but my 1st eco-frugal re-using of the 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that as well. Any old item goes into the rag bag for dusters etc. Then they get washed and used over and over. I havent bought dusters for years !

      Delete