Thursday 3 January 2013

Keep for best or use everyday ???

Hi Bloggers. When I got married 16 years ago I put together a wedding list and all the guests bought items from it. Lots of guests buying an item each resulted in me having a china dinner service, plates , dishes, side plates, serving plates etc etc. I used to use the set for special occasions and it was in a base cupboard in my kitchen for a long time. That was until my daughter started crawling when it got boxed up and put in the loft out of harms reach. Then we moved house last year and all the loft boxes were bought down and although still boxed it is now back in my kitchen in a base cupboard. I got it out and used it over Christmas. It was lovely to see, it is white with a gold rim , very understated and classic. It got me thinking that I should use it more often as it has sat up in the loft for ten years ! What do you think bloggers ? Should I use it or cherish it ?

8 comments:

  1. Use it! with care and the love it was given with - lifes too short to leave the nice things in life hidden away xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use It!! I have started using my wedding present china on a much more regular basis [used to be Christmas only] and it makes the most frugal of meals seem more special. Ditto the fancy glass candlesticks - even if its just the 2 of us. We are watching the pennies and dont do posh meals out - so why not posh meals 'in'??

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your children are old enough to be unlikely to break it, I'd say use it. I always wonder why people keep stuff "for best" but never use them. Also, you will be reminded of your wedding and your family every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies, it looks like 'use it' is getting the winning vote x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life is short, use it and use it often :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Use it regularly. Things for best often hardly get used and it is a shame if it is something so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Use it or get rid of it! My china was a wedding present from friends who picked a pattern and then family added to it over the years but it wasn't my taste. We downsized and I gave it to friend who would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Use it! I had my wedding china packed away for years. Then I decided to use it and enjoy it :-) After all what will happen if you leave it there packed away? collect dust!

    ReplyDelete