Wednesday 2 November 2011

Goodbye and good riddance to our flexible friend

Hello and welcome to my new followers Lula and Scarlet, thank you for following.

Today we have paid our credit card off. We have made the final payment and now have no debt other than the mortgage. We are back where we started 16 years ago, no cards, no loans and no finance. The money in the bank is ours and not sitting waiting to be paid to some high street bank later in the month. Its taken a very long time to repay the debt and we have had to re assess our spending habits and lifestyle. Someone who I know spends lots of money each month on store cards and despite moaning about a lack of money, continue to do this on the basis that they 'look good' in the latest threads. They look down their nose at me as I am not 'as up to the minute' as they think they are, I have the last laugh though as I am not in debt for last years fashions.

10 comments:

  1. Great news - doesn't it feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, you have the last laugh. This is an amazing achievement! You should feel so proud of yourselves.

    What's the next step? Savings or a holiday or paying off the mortgage?

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your kind comments. The next step is saving up some cash to put towards moving house ( hopefully ) next year . I would love to go on holiday but don't feel I could justify the spend when I know I'll need it for the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feels so good having no debt (apart from your mortgage) doesn't it? Be proud of yourselves, well done x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Great news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fantastic news! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news---Congratulations on being money-smart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations & well done. Onwards & upwards. Enjoy it x x

    ReplyDelete