Thursday 27 October 2011

Making my own - Tasty Savoury Treats

The creative vibe continues ! Yesterday I had a go at making sausage rolls. I had in stock some little sausages and some frozen puff pastry, which were both yellow sticker items at 20p & 39p. I fried the sausages and rolled out the pastry. I was doing this blindly as I had no instructions but how hard can a sausage roll be ? I was doing OK except that I had a mental block as to how one looked and I couldn't think how to roll the sausage inside. Some were OK but others looked rather sorry and mishaped ! I egg washed them and put them in the oven. I had some pastry left over so I thought I'd try making something else, with cheese and onion in stock, I made some savouries. These I found easier, just filled them then folded them over and egg washed them. Hubby arrived home just as I was taking them out of the oven. They were a big hit. We ate some last night then have some left for today, which I have sampled cold and they are delicious.Tasty treats for 59p !


6 comments:

  1. They look very tastey and what a great way of using store cupboard ingrediants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Yum could just eat a cheese & onion pastie right now they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic value. Love sausage rolls and by chance, I'm having veggie and Mr Sft meat ones tonight!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so good! When I make sausage rolls I add some grated apple and onion to raw sausage meat, roll them up and cook them - delicious hot or cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies. Hi Scarlet, I thought about onion for the sausage roll afterwards, not sure about apple though, hubby probably would like that.

    ReplyDelete