Wednesday 26 October 2011

Making My Own - Dauphinoise Potatoes

I've had a bit of a creative urge these last few days to make my own things. Now if you have read my blog before you will know that I am no Delia Smith but I thought I would share with you how I made my Dauphinoise the other day.

We were having steak for tea . I didn't fancy chips so in the supermarket I saw their Dauphinoise, a small portion at £2.35. This portion would have only been sufficient for one person so I got the ingredients and made it myself. It was quite easy. Slice the potatoes and onions and layer them putting some creme fraiche on each layer. I also sprinkled garlic granules on each layer. Build up your layers as high as you want and then I put some white wine over the potatoes, about 100 ml. Then I baked them in the oven for about an hour. For the last 15 minutes I sprinkled some grated cheese on top. The end result was so tasty and much cheaper than the supermarkets alternative. I paid £1 for the creme fraiche and £1 for a bag of potatoes. The wine, cheese and onion I had in stock. There was enough for us to eat that night , then half again to eat the following night.



4 comments:

  1. I AM SO GLAD I READ THIS POST, i've been looking for meat-free recipes and this is great.

    Thanks! Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sounds yummy,very economical too.xxxjulie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm, I haven't made them in a while but think they will be on the menu next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The potatoes look yummy, well done.

    ReplyDelete