Friday 28 October 2011

Making My Own - Christmas Gifts





 I have been making some Christmas Gifts this evening. My daughter goes to some clubs and they are all run by volunteers so I like to send them a little something as a thank you at Christmas time. Previously I have sent chocolates but it has been known that the chocolates have not lasted until December, which is not good for the wallet or the waistline. This year it is little home made gifts of toiletries. Here's what I used ;


Tuck the flannel over so the braid faces you. It should look like a little duvet on a bed ! Tuck the toiletries inside as if they are lying in the bed!


I used some wired ribbon to wrap the parcel up tightly , with a nice big bow on the front.

I will then put the toiletry parcel inside some gift bags I have ( recycled of course ) . My parcels cost 45p for the flannels ( picked up in Department store sale) 19p each for the Dove toiletries ( Home Bargains) = £1.02 per parcel. The wired ribbon I picked up for £1 in January sales which has done the 4 parcels I made up , so grand total £1.27 - what do you think ?

I have done the same thing before with larger towels putting in bubble baths, shower gels etc. You could also do it for a new baby: a gift of baby towel and baby toiletries.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea, they will be greatfully received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastically frugal idea - well done you!!!

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks like a lovely little gifty idea;0) xxxjulie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a super idea and very cheap,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete