Sunday 16 October 2011

Getting last little bits for Christmas

I have got nearly all my Christmas presents and I thought I would get some last bits and pieces for my daughter. This was earlier in the week prior to my mishap yesterday ! I set my self a budget of £20 . I actually spent £19.78 and here's what I bought;

Faux silk pillow - My daughter has wanted a 'posh pillow' for a while. I did look in Home Bargains. Theirs were £4.99 but weren't really very good quality. I saw this one in Sainsburys, should have been £10 but had 33% off = £6.66. I had a £5 Nectar reward which I used against it so actually cost me £1.66.

Zelda DS Game - My daughter saved her money earlier in the year and bought a Nintendo 3DS. They were around £199 but in August they dropped the price globally and she paid £120 from Morrison's on a special offer. I am not into this kind of stuff but I said if she wanted it she would have to save. She had pocket/birthday money and paid herself. Other friends have had them 'bought' for them as the latest must have toy. I think its good for kids to buy/budget for themselves. The game should have been £25. My husband was given £11 gift vouchers by someone who didn't want them. When he got to the shop the game was reduced to £22, so we paid £11.00.

Black Bag - Primark £4

Novelty Foot Sharpener - 12p from Tesco

Skirt and Waistcoat - These were from H&M. The skirt was reduced to £3 from £7.99. When I paid I was given a £5 promotion card. To be used fortnight commencing 10.10.11 with a minimum of £5 spend. I bought the waistcoat this week, £5 reduced from £9.99 paid for with the promotion card =£0. Total H&M spend £3

4 comments:

  1. Well done - super bargain hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO INSPIRED AND AMAZED AT YOUR DD CHRISTMAS PRESENTS.

    Over half term I have to sort out my Christmas presents so this has spurred me on.

    Thanks

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. Total spend low - total value high.

    Who would not want to use up a gift voucher!! Crazy but lucky for you :-) And that H&M Voucher was Super - lucky you!!! Well Done.

    Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete