Saturday 22 October 2011

Friday Night with Noddy

Last night we went to a charity quiz night at our local town hall. The quiz master was local lad ' Noddy Holder' from the 70's band Slade. It was a really good night. Noddy was very nice and friendly,chatting to all the teams, signing lots of things and having pictures taken. My husband had a copy of Noddy's book ' Who's Crazee Now' which Noddy signed for him. The evening raised lots of money for local causes and the Mayor thanked Noddy for attending , saying that Noddy and his family had given their time for free. Noddy seems a really nice guy. They played a few Slade songs but we didn't get to hear the classic ' Merry Xmas Everybody' maybe because we haven't even had Halloween yet !

5 comments:

  1. I agree it was really nice of Mr Noddy to give up his time.

    Sounds like you all had a great time.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SFT, yes it was a good night and for a good cause too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have loved that but didn't hear about it until I saw the front page of someone's Express & Star in the pub. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! I think I was the only person in my school who knew the original version of Mama Weer All Crazee Now was Slade and not Quiet Riot. Now I'm jealous.

    Lucky you! Sounds like a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great evening with Noddy
    Thanks for dropping in xx

    ReplyDelete