Thursday 13 October 2011

Earning some extra pennies

Hello Readers and welcome to my latest follower Frugal Wife.

Today I had the rare opportunity to go into work and do some overtime. I haven't done any since early in the year, I had no plans today so in I went for 5 hours. The credit card will be paid off this month, the statement should be here any day now. We do have some things to pay out for in the next few weeks so the extra money will come in useful. Although I had a lucky escape at the dentist on Monday, my husband went along yesterday and he is looking at dental work of £204. It came as no surprise. When he was being made redundant last year we put off the work , which I think then was £196, but if he wants to keep his 'choppers' looking nice then we do have to pay it sooner rather than later. Also in November we also have the MOT for the car. Fingers crossed nothing seems to be wrong but you never can tell ! So although we have things to pay out for , it will be paid with lovely crisp cash and not sleazy credit cards like on previous occasions. I doubt if we will have any money to save but at least we won't be in debt. I also have a lovely sum of £50 coming my way soon. When my husband changed bank account, he got £100 joining incentive but as I recommnded him I got £50 as well. I think however that the bank forgot about me so I chased it up a few days ago. They have replied promptly saying I should get it in the next 28 days. I think I will use the £50 to start a savings pot for the new school uniform for next September.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations for paying off the credit cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the description of credit cards as "sleazy" - too true! I had a fair bit of expensive dental work earlier in the year. Certainly made me look after my teeth properly now, so it's good in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the overtime! I wish I could get overtime, but I'm salary :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get overtime only "time in lieu" which is good IF you get to take it! Overtime can be such a boost and lets you get those extras now instead of later. Thankfully hubby has had a bit recently so that has helped us out of a tight spot. Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done!! What a great feeling.....
    Have a lovely weekend,juliexxx

    ReplyDelete