Sunday 30 October 2011

Back to Work Tomorrow :-(

Well its back to work for me tomorrow and I don't want to go. I've checked my lucky dip from last night and I only had one number so paid employment it is. I've had a quiet week, lots of lie in's and relaxing. Done quite a bit of walking, baking and cooking. I have a beef brisket in the slow cooker for this evening and it looks/smells great. I have also tried a gammon joint cooked in apple juice this week, was quite apprehensive about this beforehand but it was really moist and tasty. We will definitely be having that again. I have made a few cakes:  fruit , lemon madeira and choc chip madeira. The cakes are going down well, in fact too well ! And to top it off, I have wrapped most of my Christmas presents. Tonight I am going to catch up on my TV programmes, Kirsties Homemade & Beenys Restoration Nightmare - how the other half live !! Then like clockwork turn over at 9pm for Downton Abbey.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend! Your Tv choices are very similar to mine! We love Downton Abbey.

    We've had a nice pottering time, a walk, a trip to Finchingfield and the supermarket.

    Yes, I'm back to school tomorrow. Hope your week goes well.

    Shame Mum's teaparty is on Tuesday as I won't have time to get anything pretty ready.

    Is it her birthday?

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure ? I'm at work on Tuesday as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gammon cooked in Coca Cola is to die for...you should try it!!!

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely week off work. It's always a bummer having to go back to work after a break. Gutted it will be the last Downton Abbey next week! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I didnt realise it was the last Downton Abbey :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Downton fan here. KL and I always watch it together. Almost fell asleep watching it last night though - I don't know if it was because the clocks had gone back or being out in the fresh air planting 12 rows of onions at the allotment and then tidying the front garden when I got back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ughhhhhh, Mondays are so hard! It's always the most difficult time for me to get out of bed.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete