Wednesday 22 June 2011

Bra Bargain's.

A few weeks ago my friend and I were looking through an oddment rail in Marks and Spencer's. She was buying , I wasn't but I always have a look. I didn't have much cash so wasn't really bothered about getting anything and nor did I need anything but old habits die hard and there I was casting my eye along the rail. I noticed the reduced underwear but as nothing was in my size I just flicked past. But then it occurred to me that I could buy the items and sell, or at least try to sell them on eBay. My friend asked me what I was doing so I explained my idea but I don't think she would ever use eBay as their situation is completely different to ours. Anyway I bought the bra's, five in total at £1 each. Now I did wonder at that stage , have I wasted my £5? So they sat nicely in my bedroom until the other weekend when I listed lots of items on the zero fee weekend. The bra's were very nice and originally should have been £14 each. So I listed them at 99p and watched and waited over the next seven days. Well everyone has paid up and the bra's have gone off to their new homes around the country and they made in excess of £20. The customers have all gave positive feedback ,happy with their bargains ! I have wondered about having an experiment, using that profit to reinvest again and to see how much I could make that into. You never know, you could be watching me in a few years on Dragons Den, and it all started with an investment of five pounds !!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, well done you! That's the kind of thing I like doing....you don't HAVE to sell your own stuff. Speculate to accumulate and all that!!!

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keshling, Thanks for your comment. I think I am certainly going to give it ago, you never know until you try !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go on give it a go and keep us updated on how much you make on you £20.00

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever of you! That was a great investment. Maybe you could give us a tutorial about the ins and outs of selling on ebay? I've read around the web that it is a lot of trouble for some people. Glad you are having good selling experiences!

    ReplyDelete