Tuesday 17 May 2011

Cash Count

I have looked at the bank accounts this evening. Its two weeks until payday and at present I have £92 to last until the end of the month. Its not all bad, the freezer is full and there is petrol in the car. Some people may think only £92, but I am pleased with that. Once upon a time it would have been a debit balance. Every month a cycle of getting paid then going overdrawn again.When you are living with an overdraft its very hard to get out but that particular hurdle is behind us now. Sometimes I feel like big sister who has to hold every ones pocket money but I know that it will eventually all come good.

4 comments:

  1. Agreed. I am not a fan of the overdraft and really fear getting to that position again - hoepfully never. Good for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading your blog when I got your comment !! Online banking has helped me loads as I can have a look everyday instead of the old days, tramming up to the cashpoint to get a mini statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you! I'm not at the point yet where we have no overdraft but by the end of the year I really hope I'll be in your position. It'll be the first time in, ooh..........40 years (shameful, isn't it?) :(

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldnt say shameful I'd say better late than never.

    ReplyDelete