Monday 18 April 2011

Two Nice Surprises

Surprise Number 1 - Ever since my husband had his redundancy notice last year, I started to buy a lucky dip each week. Only 1 for a £1. I just thought that I had nothing to lose and everything to gain and as the saying goes 'you have to be in it to win it'. Anyway I never check the numbers on Saturday night and when I checked today we have 3 numbers. I know your probably thinking only 3 numbers but we have never won even in the early days so I was pleased to win £10 and it cheered me up no end.
Surprise Number 2- When I got home from work , the mail was waiting on the mat for me. One was my home insurance renewal ( I have an earlier blog regarding this) and the nice people are renewing for me at £44.97 pcm. I have cancelled the direct debit and it won't be renewed. Another was my husbands credit card bill. Last but not least was a letter from our energy provider, we have gas and electricity from the same place. My husband rang through the meter readings a few days ago and they sent us a nice letter, a very nice letter. We have overpaid by £332 and they are sending us a cheque in the next 10 days. Also based upon our usage they are reducing our monthly d/d from £99 to £78 pcm as from June 1st. So I have a newly acquired personal fortune of £342. In the old days I would have blown it, easy come easy go , but this time it will be put to good use towards the credit card debt. They say luck come in three's, we will have to see ?

4 comments:

  1. What a great day. Good on you for paying off the credit card debt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!!! Lets hope it comes in threes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I love it when things like this happen!!! I like windy falls of pennys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. It doesnt happen often which makes it all the nicer when it does !!

    ReplyDelete